Saturday, January 27, 2007
Dr. Andrew Anderson (circa 1920) on the steps of his Markland Mansion
This photo was taken approximately seven years before Italian sculptor, F.Romanelli installed the two Carrera marble lions at the foot of the new bridge.Dr. Anderson commissioned the works but died at age 85, three years before the installation.Note the small maquette to the left of Dr. Anderson on Markland´s (King St.near the Post Office) front steps. Dr. Anderson was the benefactor of the Ponce De Leon bronze, the Armistice flagpolewith ornate bronze base and the birdbath all in or near the Plaza De La Constitucion. Are the small Lions still there? We will check.
Posted by Karl at 9:34 AM