Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Actual Ridiculous Conversation !

Tourist :Excuse me, how much is that picture of the palm tree?

Artist: I'm sorry but it is against city ordinance to quote you a price or sell it to you. I'm just here for display and playin' my harmonica.

Tourist: I really like that picture.

Artist:You know the other day I had a guy who liked one of my pictures and had to tell him the same thing. He also enjoyed my harmonica playing (not good, frankly) and tipped me a whole thirty dollars! That was nice..............................I was flattered and gave him the print that he liked . A gift of appreciation.

Tourist: Can you play "Stairway To Heaven?"

Artist:Actually, I can play my own version. Here goes.
Playing harmonica.....Wah wah woo wah woo wah....wahhhhhh....................................................................................................wah wah!

Tourist:That didn't sound like Stairway To Heaven.

Artist:I know, I'm not that good, I just started last week.

Tourist:Thanks anyway, here's a tip.....(he puts thirty dollars in a cigar box placed on the ground)

Artist: That's generous of you, I'd like to give you a gift of that print that you like.

Tourist: Oh, thank you very much!

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I are the tourists referenced in Suvo's note. We really enjoyed our visit to your beautuful city. We also enjoyed the art your city has to offer. We are very pleased to hear that your courts returned to some level of sanity. Living in Nashville, we know music, and we have to admit Suvo can't make it in the music business...we overpaid our tip for "Stairway to Heaven" but we love our free art. Best wishes to Suvo and the art community...have a blast in the parks.

    Walter Choate

    ReplyDelete